|To:||Vice President of India (Hon'ble Shri Hamid Ansari), Prime Minister of India, New Delhi (Hon'ble Sardar Manmohan Singh), President of India, New Delhi (HE Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil), Chief Justice of India (Hon'be the Chief Justice of India), Hon'ble Speaker Lok Sabha, Chairperson, UPA and President, AICC (Smt. Sonia Gandhi), Law Minister of India, Secretary Legislative, Home Minister of India, Secretary, Secretary to the Govt., Secretary to the Ministry, and Legal Secretary|
|Subject:||Introduce Jan Lokpal bill before Indian Parliament - Sukanya Kadyan|
|Letter:|| Greetings, , |
A PIL had been filed in the Punjab and Haryana High Court, seeking directions to the Haryana Government to appoint a Lokayukta. The government initiated the process of appointment of Lokayukta only after a Division Bench of the High Court, headed by Mr Justice H.S. Bedi, on February 25, 2004, directed it to appoint a Lokayukta within six months. On a contempt plea preferred by the petitioner in the PIL, Mr Naresh Kadyan of Rohtak, seeking action against the Chief Secretary, Haryana, for not implementing the February 25 order of the High Court, the High Court has issued a contempt notice to the Chief Secretary. It would be pertinent to mention here that Naresh Kadyan was the first complainant under the Right to Information Act, 2005 and moved his complaint on 19-10-2005, which was replied by the Ministry of Environment and Forest vide No. 27-12/2005-AWD dated 6-3-2006.
1. An institution called LOKPAL at the centre and LOKAYUKTA in each state will be set up
2. Like Supreme Court and Election Commission, they will be completely independent of the governments. No minister or bureaucrat will be able to influence their investigations.
3. Cases against corrupt people will not linger on for years anymore: Investigations in any case will have to be completed in one year. Trial should be completed in next one year so that the corrupt politician, officer or judge is sent to jail within two years.
4. The loss that a corrupt person caused to the government will be recovered at the time of conviction.
5. How will it help a common citizen: If any work of any citizen is not done in prescribed time in any government office, Lokpal will impose financial penalty on guilty officers, which will be given as compensation to the complainant.
6. So, you could approach Lokpal if your ration card or passport or voter card is not being made or if police is not registering your case or any other work is not being done in prescribed time. Lokpal will have to get it done in a month’s time. You could also report any case of corruption to Lokpal like ration being siphoned off, poor quality roads been constructed or panchayat funds being siphoned off. Lokpal will have to complete its investigations in a year, trial will be over in next one year and the guilty will go to jail within two years.
7. But won’t the government appoint corrupt and weak people as Lokpal members? That won’t be possible because its members will be selected by judges, citizens and constitutional authorities and not by politicians, through a completely transparent and participatory process.
8. What if some officer in Lokpal becomes corrupt? The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent. Any complaint against any officer of Lokpal shall be investigated and the officer dismissed within two months.
9. What will happen to existing anti-corruption agencies? CVC, departmental vigilance and anti-corruption branch of CBI will be merged into Lokpal. Lokpal will have complete powers and machinery to independently investigate and prosecute any officer, judge or politician.
JAN LOKPAL BILL will act as deterrent and instill fear against corruption.
Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances No. MINPA/E/2011/00035 dated 8-4-2011 and with the President's Secretariat No.PRSEC/E/2011/05253 dated 8-4-2011 lodged by Gandhian Ideologist, philosopher and social reformer Naresh Kadyan, animal rights activist and founder Secretary General, National Khadi and Village Industries Board Employees Federation ( Apex body of all India State Khadi and Village Industries Board Employees Unions ).
Delhi Lokayukta recommended the removal of PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan from the council of ministers for trying to protect a leading resort in a tax evasion case. Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin''s order came in a case pertaining to the minister''s alleged involvement in influencing a team of tax officials to provide relief to the resort in a tax evasion case.
"In his order, the Lokayukta has recommended to President of India to withdraw her pleasure in allowing the minister to continue as a minister in Delhi Government,"
The Lokayukta has made the recommendation to the President, who is the competent authority to withdraw the pleasure for the Minister to hold office in terms of clause five of Article 239 (AA) of the Constitution of India and Section 12 of Delhi Lokayukta-Uplokayukta Act, 1995, the official said quoting the order. The Lokayukta has also recommended prosecution of the Minister under various sections of Delhi Value Added Tax Act, 2004.
Till today tainted Minister enjoying same status, why?.
|Abhishek Kadyan||Delhi, India||04/07/2011|
|Sharda Kadyan||Delhi, IN||04/07/2011|
|Naresh Kadyan Secretary General||Delhi, IN||04/07/2011|
|Sukanya Kadyan||Delhi, India||04/07/2011|
|siddharth Khurana||haryana, India||04/07/2011|
|Jon Spinac||New York, NY||04/07/2011|
|Siddharth Sharma||Bhilwara, India||04/07/2011|
|judith bohm||krefeld, Germany||04/08/2011|
|Bill Craig||Kempten, Germany||04/08/2011|
|Bruce Combs||Williamsburg, VA||04/08/2011|
|Sachin Khare||N Delhi, India||04/08/2011|
|Asli Gedik||frankfurt, Netherlands||04/08/2011|
|Vibha Sreenivasan||Bangalore, India||04/08/2011|
|Andreia Capelo||Funchal, Portugal||04/08/2011|
|heidi wollum||goteborg, Sweden||04/08/2011|
|Dick Lee||Grand Rapids, MI||04/08/2011|
|Annika Pettersson||Boden, NY||04/08/2011|
|Arjun Mohandas||Bangalore, India||04/08/2011|
|Barbara Witt||jackson, SC||04/08/2011|
|Cindy Brower||Chicago, IL||04/08/2011|
|Maria F.||Verona, Italy||04/08/2011|
|saurabh patel||E. seatuket, NY||04/08/2011|
|Naresh Kadyan Rep. OIPA in India||Delhi, India||04/08/2011|
|Maria Bruinen||Berkeley, CA||04/08/2011|
|Thomas Willette||Greencastle, IN||04/08/2011|
|Cristi Sturgill||Mount Vernon, KY||04/08/2011|
|Amanda Jones||Apex, NC||04/08/2011|
|Peggy Acosta||Womelsdorf, PA||04/08/2011|
|Andrea Da Costa||Melbourne, Australia||04/08/2011|
|Rick Tonsing||Fair Oaks, CA||04/08/2011|
|Brenda Towers||Durham, United Kingdom||04/08/2011|
|liz meesters||vlagtwedde, Netherlands||04/08/2011|
|Antonio Delgado Fenoy||Torre del Mar, Spain||04/08/2011|
|Barbara McNamara||Joppa, MD||04/08/2011|
|Anthony Capobianco||Bethel Park, PA||04/08/2011|
|Helen White||London, NE||04/08/2011|
|Shawn Sargent||West Yarmouth, MA||04/08/2011|
|peter kikic||oshawa, Canada||04/08/2011|
|Lorenz Steininger||Hohenwart, VI||04/08/2011|
|priscilla gallou||dreux, France||04/08/2011|
|Robert Orlando||Cooperstown, NY||04/08/2011|
|Katherine Whitson||Prairie Village, KS||04/08/2011|
|Kim Loan Nguyen||San Jose, CA||04/08/2011|
|carlee trent||springfield, OH||04/08/2011|
|Edith Coleman||Wilmington, DE||04/08/2011|
|John Moszyk||St Louis, MO||04/08/2011|
|Joe Burkleo||Dallas, TX||04/08/2011|
|hella Steurbaut||Gent, Belgium||04/08/2011|
|Fiona spence||London, United Kingdom||04/08/2011|
|Leigh Saunders||Hastings, New Zealand||04/08/2011|
|Karen Stickney||Lewiston, ME||04/08/2011|
|penny c||Calgary, Canada||04/08/2011|
|norma laborie||SAINT OUEN, France||04/08/2011|
|Niechele Gambill||Stephenville, TX||04/08/2011|
|sterling showers||york, PA||04/08/2011|
|Nídia Rocha||Porto, Portugal||04/08/2011|
|Christina Wenig||Duisburg, Germany||04/08/2011|
|MAURA VENERI||BPT.,, CT||04/08/2011|
|Ray Morris||Bakersfield, CA||04/08/2011|
|marie kullman||buffalo, NM||04/08/2011|
|Frank X. Kleshinski||Jeannette, PA||04/08/2011|
|Lilo Prinz||Au/ZH, AL||04/08/2011|
|Ricardo López González||Tijuana, CA||04/08/2011|
|angela fazzari||portland, OR||04/08/2011|
|Gail McMullen||Los Angeles, CA||04/08/2011|
|Cristina Seica||Anadia, Portugal||04/08/2011|
|James Brunton||Tampa, FL||04/08/2011|
|Sarah Garth||Melbourne, Australia||04/08/2011|
|Joyce Frohn||Oshkosh, WI||04/08/2011|
|Barbara Gibson||Philadelphia, PA||04/08/2011|
|lori weber||johnson city, TN||04/08/2011|
|Christine Barnes||Maplewood, MN||04/08/2011|
|Tatiana Torres||Bogota, Colombia||04/08/2011|
|Janice Bernard||Scarborough, NY||04/08/2011|
|Karolyn Hoover||Port Angeles, WA||04/08/2011|
|John Beaven||Victoria, Canada||04/08/2011|
|Denise Brennan||Auburn Hills, MI||04/08/2011|
|kit barth||Belfair, WA||04/08/2011|
|Chelsea Madison||Oakand, CA||04/08/2011|
|Bikesh Shrestha||Kathmandu, Nepal||04/08/2011|
|gloria compton||terre haute, IN||04/08/2011|
|Tamela Mullin||ST Joseph, MI||04/08/2011|
|martha leahy||winchester, MA||04/08/2011|
|Judy Boone||Forest Hill, TX||04/08/2011|
|Emilia Boccagna||catanzaro, Italy||04/09/2011|
|Domenico Buono||Torre Annunziata, ID||04/09/2011|
|chris ludvik||rego park, NY||04/09/2011|
|vasiliki georgikopoulos||rhodos, Greece||04/09/2011|
|Antonis Vlachos||Florina, Greece||04/09/2011|
|Andrej Ignjatovic||Belgrade, Serbia||04/09/2011|